Our friend Jim dropped us a line to tell us about the Woolly Bugger variant he's been slaying late summer Smallmouth with on the Kishwaukee River in Illinois. He has been having so much fun catching bass on his WISCO, he decided to call it the BADGER BUGGER. We thought that was pretty cool, and we also think it is a great pattern worth sharing - check it out!
- #6 Eagle Claw streamer hook
- Danville Light Olive 70 denier waxed 6/0
- Olive Marabou tail
- Pearl Krystal Flash
- Body dubbed with Semi Seal Gold Halo
- Body hackled with Wooly Bugger Saddle Hackle Olive Variant and Estaz UV Lights Glissen Gloss Fibers Chartreuse.
- Beadhead size of choice. Make 13 wraps of .015 lead wire to the hook shank and push it up into the beadhead to steady the bead and add just a little more weight.
- Saddle hackle and Estaz are twisted together before wrapping. After fly is done, brush out the entire body.